19 - 20 Oct 21
European Urban Resilience Forum (EURESFO) 2021
19 - 20 Oct 21
In 2021, all those seeking to shape a climate-resilient future for our cities and regions are once again invited to take part in the 8th European Urban Resilience Forum (EURSFO) taking place in Malmö on 19 and 20 October.
The event, which takes place in hybrid format, will bring together up to 200 representatives from local and regional institutions from Scandinavia and beyond. Those who cannot travel to Malmö, due to ongoing restrictions, will be able to attend some sessions through live streaming with the opportunity to interact with speakers and the on-site audience.
EURESFO will keep its informative, open and interactive character, maintaining its ‘PowerPoint free’ format. Participants are encouraged to share experiences and points of view on a variety of topics that will explore challenges in urban resilience planning and implementation:
- Implementation of the EU Adaptation Strategy - focus on cities and regions
- Climate justice and equity in climate adaptation
- Data-driven initiatives for integrated climate strategies
- Sustainable finance and innovative funding for adaptation
- Towards a resilient recovery
- Ecosystem restoration and the nexus between biodiversity and climate resilience
- Nature-based solutions for healthy ecosystems
- Local adaptation planning for smaller municipalities
- Low-carbon initiatives and sustainable buildings
- Disaster risk reduction and cultural heritage
Over the past 8 years, the European Urban Resilience Forum (EURESFO) has been a unique platform for city representatives, experts and stakeholders from local and regional institutions to discuss strategies, initiatives and actions for adapting to climate change and building urban resilience. The event is an initiative of ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability, and the European Environment Agency (EEA) since 2013.
Registration for the event will open soon.
European Urban Resilience Conference Banner (-) by "-", licensed under -